Parentsactive is a support network for families of disabled children (0-25) living in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. The aim of Parentsactive is to enable parents to gain and share information both locally and nationally, make new friends and, most importantly, realise that they are not alone.
Parentsactive is now the Parent Forum for Hammersmith and Fulham and is an independent voice of parent/carers. The forum encourages parents to participate in all issues relevant to disability. We also work with the Local Authority to help share services for disabled children/young people and ensure that their needs are met. We are part funded by the Third Sector, The Local Authority and receive a grant from the Department of Education
Parentsactive is led by the Parent Forum Lead and a team of 12 parents, who form the Steering Committee. The forum enables parents of children with learning disabilities, and additional needs, to meet and support one another in the following ways:
- Forums held every alternate week at the Masbro Brook Green Children’s Centre on Tuesdays and at the Stephen Wiltshire centre on Fridays, attended by guest speakers from statutory, voluntary and private sectors
- Training Events/Workshops on topics pertaining to disability
- Conferences and consultation events
- Weekly emails
- Reports on relevant issues
- Facebook page (Parentsactivehf) Closed Facebook page “Parents of Parentsactive” and twitter feeds (@parentsactive) Membership is free and you can access our services by contacting us and filling in our membership form.
How else can you get involved?
- Attending Parent Forum sessions at the Masbro Brook Green Children’s Centre, every alternate Tuesday (term time only) and the Stephen Wiltshire centre every alternate Friday (term time only).
- Registering for training events and conferences publicised through schools and other services.
- Signing up for weekly email alerts.
- Becoming part of our Steering Committee and helping plan future activities
- Influencing services by being part of other committees representing Parentsactive and other parents.
- Contributing to consultation events and surveys.
- We are now on the list of organisations in Hammersmith and Fulham who have to be consulted on all issues pertaining to disability. We represent parents on:
- Children and Education Policy Accountability Committee of the Council
- Strategic Boards.
- Steering committeesParentsactive was nominated as a Finalist for “Outstanding Contribution to the Life of the Borough” through the Lead and as a pre-finalist in the “Equality and Diversity” category through the Vice Chair at the inaugural Hammersmith and Fulham civic awards held on March 1st 2018. We are also funded for the Local Offer Champions Project run in partnership with the Local Authority.
Click HERE for the Parentsactive AGM flyer
Click HERE for the Parentsactive 2019 flyer