HF Mencap are offering 12 short breaks during 2018 in a one size doesn’t fit all approach
Short breaks are an essential part of the overall support that families and carers need to help them care for an individual. HF Mencap’s Short Breaks will deliver positive outcomes for all those involved.
These Outcomes include:
- Empowering people who have a learning disability and their families/carers through choice.
- A break from day-to-day routines.
- Chance for those attending the short breaks to enjoy new experiences and meet different people.
- Time to rest and recharge their batteries.
- Opportunities for both parties to strengthen friendships and relationships with loved ones.
- Time to pursue personal interests, leisure or cultural activities.
- Improved health and well-being.
- Increases prospects to enjoy using mainstream community settings and activities.
- Reduction of any stress which can occur between the carer and the person being cared for.
- Providing additional support, which improves the coping abilities of both parties.
- Strengthen the family/carer’s ability to care, reducing the risk of neglect or abuse.
- The opportunity for individuals with learning disabilities to try new things, visit new places, experience new worlds, enabling them to gain confidence and improve their self esteem.
- Increase the independence for people with learning disabilities through: access to different forms of travel, i.e. planes, trains, or buses; time away from their carers; management of their own money.
If you or someone you know is interested in one of our short breaks, fill out our online form here.
Click HERE for more information