Autism is a lifelong developmental disability which affects how people communicate and interact with the world. One in 100 people are on the autism spectrum and there are around 700,000 autistic adults and children in the UK.
At HF Mencap we are committed to ensuring all those with autism are supported and thrive in our community
• need more time to process questions, requests
• may struggle meeting new people
• may struggle to pick up on unwritten rules
• may find office environments overwhelming
• may struggle with small talk and workplace relationships
• intense focus
• attention to detail
• considered and reflective approach
• honesty and integrity
• creative thinking
What is Autism Acceptance week:
Autism Acceptance week is aimed to highlight those with autism and educate the wider public around how to make the world more autism friendly.
What can I do:
you can visit the National Autistic society website HERE to join a virtual event.